The Allen County Department of Job and Family Services is looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Programmer Analyst to take part in the leadership of the agency’s information systems.
As our Programmer Analyst, you will be responsible for all aspects of our agency’s computer network, building upon existing systems and guiding the development of efficient work processes. Additionally, this position manages the design, coding, testing and deployment of local database applications to advance the operations of the agency.
A successful applicant will be someone with a desire to put his or her imprint on the technology needs of our agency, helping to build innovative database systems that positively impact lives. The applicant must be a self-starter who loves to solve problems and identify opportunities to develop efficiencies through technological application. Additionally, the applicant must have an ability to collaborate with our high-performing teams and individuals to deliver solutions to advance our common goals.
Specific Job Duties:
- Actively work to maintain both the State of Ohio and local agency computer network;
- Advocate and improve agency best practices and software standards;
- Create, review and modify agency databases, including system design functions;
- Support local and state document imaging systems;
- Develop and support a strategic plan for future information system needs, including evaluation of existing technology assets and recommendation for potential replacements;
- Create training modules and written instructions for agency staff, as well as conduct training as needed.
Desired Skills/Job Qualifications:
- An associate’s degree in a related field is required, bachelor’s preferred;
- Three to five years of experience in an information technology or related position;
- Experience in relevant coding languages (e.g. C++, Java, Python, PHP) required for front-end development;
- Familiarity with database structures, SQL experience required;
- Ability to plan for future IT needs and identify opportunities for advancement of IT service offerings.
For the motivated, energetic candidate, the Programmer Analyst position will provide an opportunity for you to build your vision for an effective, collaborative IT structure as you develop a quality career, or look to build your individual portfolio and enhance your skills and experience.
Who is Allen County JFS?
As a community leader in providing public assistance and career development, our team of employees is on the front lines, promoting individual self-sufficiency and helping to build a stronger Allen County. As part of employment, our staff receives a generous benefit package—including medical, dental, vision and life insurance—and are part of the state retirement system (OPERS). Employees are also eligible for paid vacation and sick leave and receive 11 paid holidays throughout the year.