Manufacturing Engineer Team Lead
The Manufacturing Engineer Team Lead is responsible for the engineering activity and support for manufacturing of projects from launch to completion. Develops, implements and improves manufacturing processes to ensure efficient, timely, cost-effective and accurate completion of precision machining jobs. Serves as backup to Manager, Engineering.
- Formalize the launch and release of operation sheets on recurring work.
- Coordinate with operations the continued progression of Pre-Production Router Reviews as a transition of engineering work to the shop floor.
- Monitor and address actions associated with engineering metrics (timeliness release of folders, on time quote completion, monitor routing costs against PO value, execute change management procedures, etc.).
- Lead cross-functional Continuous Improvement Team in support of business to address improved communications and business processes.
- Mentor other Engineers and Co-ops.
- Work with leadership to address future state of Engineering (i.e. address division of responsibilities versus current framework).
- Help to develop new manufacturing processes.
- Review jobs for process improvement opportunities as well as consolidation.
- Provide technical assistance to machinists and programmers, as well as suppliers.
- Provide day to day assignments (i.e. assign quotes, folder distribution, etc.).
- Oversee, monitor and report on progress of manufacturing projects, including budgets and spending.
- Communicate with manufacturing team, customers, and others on status of projects.
- Create routers for cost-effective manufacturing processes utilizing 3/4/5 Axis machine tools.
- Support fabrication shop in the manufacturing and processing of complex weldments.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement methods to expedite machining jobs through the shop for proper processing and timely delivery of product.
- Communicate with outside vendors for various machine processes including but not limited to heat treating, black oxide, nickel plating, anodize, painting, and special processing.
- Review customer quote requests to ensure all required information is received to develop an accurate quote.
- Support Quality Department in identifying and resolving non-conformances.
- Perform other duties and specific projects as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or 8 years’ equivalent experience
- Previous experience in manufacturing engineering preferred
- Prior experience in project management preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Project
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills