This person is responsible for the engineering activity and support for manufacturing of projects from launch to completion. He/she develops, implements and improves manufacturing processes to ensure efficient, timely, cost-effective and accurate completion of precision machining jobs. On project level orders will work with sales and the customer as the project progresses providing milestone updates and communicating issues directly with the customer. He/she develops and implements scheduled activities in close coordination with all operations functions and quality processes to ensure efficient, timely, cost-effective and accurate completion of customer specific jobs / projects.
- Oversee, monitor and report on progress of manufacturing projects, including budgets and spending.
- Communicate with manufacturing team, customers and others on status of projects.
- Create routers for cost-effective manufacturing processes utilizing 3/4/5 Axis machine tools.
- Support fabrication shop in the manufacturing and processing of complex weldments.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement methods to expedite machining jobs through the shop for proper processing and timely delivery of product.
- Communicate with outside vendors for various machine processes including but not limited to heat treating, black oxide, nickel plating, anodize, painting, and special processing.
- Review customer quote requests to ensure all required information is received to develop an accurate quote.
- Create material lists and coordinate material procurement with Purchasing.
- Help to develop new manufacturing processes.
- Review jobs for process improvement opportunities as well as consolidation.
- Provide technical assistance to machinists and programmers, as well as suppliers to ensure process is fully developed.
- Support Quality Department in identifying and resolving non-conformances.
- Perform other duties and specific projects as assigned.
- Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or 5 years’ equivalent experience
- Previous experience in manufacturing engineering preferred
- Prior experience in project management a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Project
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills