SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Work as part of a team having responsibility for automotive painting and exterior repair.
1. Performs paint mixing procedures
2. Understands and performs paint gun and pump adjustments, and can troubleshoot and repair problems with little supervision
3. Basic understanding of the coating process.
4. Knowledge of metal finishing and vehicle body repair
5. Files, grinds, sands and finishes filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
6. Removes small pits and dimples in body metal using pick hammers and punches
7. Sands body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint.
8. Cut and tape plastic separating film to outside repair areas to avoid damaging surrounding surfaces during repair procedure, and remove tape and wash surfaces after repairs are complete.
9. Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas
10. Fill small dents that cannot be worked out with plastic or solder with supervision
11. Exterior vehicle detailing experience; ability to remove minor paint scratches and imperfections using buffing and similar techniques with supervision.
12. Meets production quality and productivity goals
13. Properly maintains and cleans equipment and PPE.
14. Clean work areas, using air hoses, to remove damaged material and discarded fiberglass strips used in repair procedures
15. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
16. Perform all duties in a safe manner
17. Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum 2 years auto body and painting experience required.
Basic Skill and Ability Requirements:
1. Basic mechanical aptitude required.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Able to handle multiple assignments under extreme time constraints and high stress conditions.
4. Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
5. Must have strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
6. Self-starter: bias for action, results oriented.
7. Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
8. Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends to meet business needs.
9. Ability to work with a diversified work force.
10. Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Apply at https://www.ogaragroup.com/