Essential Duties and Responsibilities in Order of Importance
Intake, Assessment, Intervention, and Evaluation
- Initiate contact with new clients referred by the supervisor or his/her designee within one business day.
- Ask new clients about their problems and assess needs with each session.
- Help clients achieve personal independence with managing basic needs as identified by the clients and/or parents/guardians.
- Facilitate further development of client daily living skills, if identified by clients and/or parents/guardians.
- Monitor client symptoms and monitor psychopharmacologic medication compliance (if applicable).
- Coordinate and/or assist in client crisis management and stabilization, including completion/review of crisis plan and client-specific interaction with hospital liaisons and other clinical staff as appropriate.
- Advocate for clients based on identified needs, including financial, housing, medical, legal, social, and environmental.
- Help clients assess their eligibility and maintain public entitlements and other benefits.
- Establish client outreach plans aligned with achieving Treatment Plans goals.
- Educate and train clients and, when appropriate, family about the client’s assessed needs, abilities, and readiness to learn as appropriate to the care provided to clients.
- Provide mental health intervention that addresses symptoms, behaviors, thought processes, and other factors to help an individual eliminate barriers to seeking or maintaining education and employment.
- Facilitate interventions that increase the client’s capacity to positively affect his/her environment, including development/enhancement of coping skills, interpersonal skills, healthy relationships, recovery, personal support, transportation/mobility, and financial literacy/money management.
- Monitor and review with clients and supervisor internal/external services provided and evaluate case management services provided.
- Facilitate client referrals to requested internal/external services based on client need and eligibility.
- Meet or exceed service production goals.
- Meet service and associated documentation requirements contained in client Treatment Plans and Clinical Performance Review form.
- Complete Progress Notes for all services provided within specified timelines with client participation if clinically appropriate.
Treatment Plan Completion/Reviews
- Coordinate and complete/review client Treatment Plans at least annually during sessions with clients and/or guardians.
- Add appropriate activities for each active internal client service provider with each Treatment Plan completion/review, seeking input with clinical staff as appropriate before completion/review date.
- Ensure the frequency of each case management activity in client Treatment Plans matches both the current level of care of client and client needs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and adhere to Coleman policies and procedures as they appear in the Personnel Polices, Standard Operating Procedures, and other Company publications.
- Comply with all laws and compliance standards relevant to the work being performed.
Is driving an essential function (i.e., would removing the factor of driving fundamentally alter this position)?
Exemption Status (to be approved by the VP, Human Resources and Compliance only)
Do the position’s essential duties and responsibilities meet the qualifications for exemption in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)?
| || |