Senior Resource Connection
Home Health Aide
5-40 per week, over-time eligible
Job Skills / Requirements:
This is a trained Home Health Aide or Certified Nurse Assistant position involving in-home direct care to maintain personal hygiene and a clean, safe living environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1.Responsible for activities related to the provision and maintenance of normal physical and emotional comfort and self-reliance of assigned patients.
2.Performs the following types of activities:
a.Light housekeeping b.Bathing c.Laundry Shampoo d.Errands e.Oral care f. Linen change g.Shaving h. Meal preparation i. Assistance with transfers
3.Communication with the VHC office of all HHA and Client schedule changes.
4.Other duties as assigned.
LIMITATIONS OF HOME HEALTH AIDE DUTIES
- Do not transport the client in your car, the client’s care, or anyone else’s car
- Do not move furniture or wash windows.
- Do not purchase alcohol or cigarettes for the client or relatives
- Do not engage in any activity that could result in strain or injury
- Do not climb on ladders. A step-stool is permitted if it is stable and in good condition
- Do not paint or wash walls. Wash small areas to clean spills
- Do not provide chore services.
- Do not shovel snow, cut grass, or any other yard work.
- Do not wash laundry by hand.
- Do not scrub on hands and knees unless work can be completed in 5 minutes or less
- Do not provide invasive personal care such as enemas or suppositories, ear and eye drops
- Do not administer medications (reminders or assist only) or set up medicine planners.
- All services provided by Home Health Aides are for the client only.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE OF: Standard personal and housekeeping duties; proper lifting and transferring procedures and techniques; appropriate care for the health needs of geriatric and disabled patients; Infection Control, Universal Precautions and Body Mechanics.
ABILITY TO: Plan, organize and document work effectively; function independently and effectively in a home setting; treat patients in a tactful and courteous manner; communicate with all levels and types of patients in a clear and concise manner.
SKILL IN: All aspects of home and personal care; demonstrating correct procedures to nurse supervisor.
Standard high school diploma or equivalent preferred, with Ohio Certification as a HHA, STNA or CNA and experience a clinical atmosphere such as a hospital, nursing home or home care service or any equivalent of education and experience.
Must submit to a Criminal background check and motor vehicle. Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License or state issued ID and maintain a clear driving record. Must complete at least 12 hours of continuing education annually.