Clear Paths Therapeutic Services, LTD
Mon 9a-5p, Tues 10a-6p, Wed 9a-5p, Thurs 10a-6p and Fri 9a-5p
Provide administrative supports to group practice/operations, Therapists and Doctors as assigned.
Summary of essential job functions
- Bill for client services accurately and ensure appropriate insurance reimbursement.
- Using Demographic information, ensure all clients are properly and accurately inputted into electronic system and client record for proper and accurate billing purposes. Correct inaccurate information as necessary.
- Monitor new services and follow up with insurance company to review if we receive payment for the new service(s).
- Monitor and review reports in EHR billing system. Submit reports to supervisor(s) as needed or requested.
- Collection of any applicable fees from the client/payer at time of service.
- Input and Reconcile all payments received into the accounting system.
- Input client co-pays and/or fees owed into EHR system.
- Bill/invoice customers timely and accurately, and forward copy of invoice to providers.
- Research and identify accounting/financial/billing issues and address accordingly.
- Reconcile billing accounts and make adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Review open accounts for collection efforts and keep ongoing history; as well as develop payment arrangements as appropriate.
- Communicate (phone calls, emails, letters, etc.) with internal and external customers to investigate complaints, verify accuracy of charges, and/or to correct errors in accounts.
- Appeal for additional payment(s) of denied or underpaid claims.
- Schedule follow-up appointments for Therapists and Doctors, in the absence of the designated staff.
- Provide appropriate protections to client confidentiality, including secure storage of all client-related/PHI documents.
- Maintain proper training/continuing education requirements to maintain licensure/certification.
- Greet visitors and guests in a pleasant and professional manner, ensuring sign-in as applicable.
- Attend meetings as required and meet attendance requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or GED. Must be a Certified Billing & Coding Specialist with 6 months experience or have a minimum of one-year experience or training with medical billing, coding and claims.
-Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products Word and Excel
-Knowledge of basic office procedures
-Work under tight deadlines but in a comfortable environment
- Accounting skills
-Communicate with co-workers and clients in a courteous, professional and timely manner
-Ability to work flexible hours
-Must be well organized and detail-oriented
-Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner