Job Title: Behavioral Health Case Manager / Counselor - Youth Populations
Worksite Location: Canton, OH 44702
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Stark County TASC Inc. using the following information:
Email resume to Executive Director David A. Wills at: email@example.com
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Stark County TASC Inc. in Canton, OH, is hiring a Behavioral Health Case Manager / Counselor - Youth Populations.
Overview of Tasks and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities are to provide care coordination and counseling for adolescents and families referred by the Stark County Family Court and Drug Court program. Clients will be involved in the court system and have mental health and substance abuse issues.
Direct Service Responsibilities:
- Provides chemical dependency therapy (individual counseling and case management) in office or community based setting.
- Provides initial bio-psycho-socio assessments to adolescents as needed that meet the CQI policies and procedures of Stark County TASC.
- Develops and updates/revises treatment plans utilizing on-going assessments to determine the most appropriate interventions. Case plans are to be written integrating the agency’s CQI policies and procedures.
- Documents client’s progress and compliance with treatment plan objectives utilizing daily or as needed progress notes in client’s record integrating the agency’s CQI policies and procedures.
- Participates in Drug Court and in staffing meetings with drug court team prior to Drug Court.
- Provides authorized and appropriate contact and exchange of information with referral sources, employers, family members and other treatment providers in order to inform, consult, refer and engage in the admission, services and discharge processes. Provides documentation of these contacts.
- Participates in clinical supervision provided by the Clinical Coordinator. Such supervision shall occur bi-weekly on a formal basis and as needed throughout the week. Supervision will focus on implementing TASC Critical Elements and the agency’s CQI policies and procedures into assessment and case management/counseling services. Documentation of the formal supervision shall be demonstrated using the staffing note format.
- Participates in the agency’s Continuous Quality Improvement Plan, which includes but is not limited to conducting peer and utilization reviews; completion of milestone data for performance target outcomes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programming on an ongoing basis and participates in the strategic planning process of Stark County TASC when called upon.
- Represents TASC to the community, including other agencies and funding authorities, in a professional manner.
- Maintains current licensure within the behavioral health field and provides Stark County TASC with verification of such.
Eligible for LICDC, LSW or LPC with three years’ experience within the addictions or related field. Demonstrates effective communication skills in individual or group settings. No history of conviction for crimes against minors or convictions of any sexual crime. No crimes of violence within the last five years. Knowledge of client-counselor ethical boundaries as delineated by the State Licensure Board and no history of ethical infractions per reference check. Knowledge of requirements regarding Federal confidentiality laws and HIPAA.
Details: Full time. 1st Shift. 40 to 45 hours/week. Monday through Friday. $30,000 to $47,000/year (based on experience).
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid Driver’s License.
Available Benefits: Health, Dental, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, Drug Testing, Reference Check.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2