Employer Seeking: Machinist (Full-Time & Part-Time available)
Worksite Location: Strasburg, Ohio
How to Apply:
**APPLY DIRECT with RESUME ** to the employer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by fax (330-878-4101) or in person at:
Valley Hydraulics Service
960 North Wooster Ave.
Strasburg, Ohio 44680
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, set up and operate manually controlled machines for the fabrication, maintenance, repair, and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Include the following; however, other duties may apply to support customer’s needs)
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Reads and interpret blueprints.
- Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as a lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches, and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
- Create all drawings and prints for all machined work or customer required documentations.
- Ability to replicate customer supplied parts, ideas, or designs.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics, and composites.
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures, and tooling.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to set-up and production.
- Ability to track parts and jobs for production requirements.
- Ability to solve customer needs involving hose lines and adapter requirements.
- Perform tasks for teardown and assembly of hydraulic production orders.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty accurately and satisfactorily.
Must have a general knowledge of:
- Estimating time and materials for machine jobs
- The quality/machinability and uses of metals, alloys, and other materials.
- Machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Operating a manual lathe, manual milling machine, vertical saw, and horizontal saw.
- Design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
- Three years related experience (Journeyman certification preferred)
- High school diploma or GED required
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
In performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to:
- Move or transfer objects with an overhead crane/Jib Crane
- Operate a forklift
- Lift up to 50 lbs. when required
- Stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms when required
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those required for most positions.
The noise level is usually moderate to high.
Staff Contact: RC1