bLOWMOLDING SHIFT SUPERVISOR
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
- Supervise a team of blowmolding associates. Establish and assign team member work duties to meet production requirements.
- Maintain shift communications log and other records.
- Perform production quality reviews to verify conformance to specifications.
- Review production schedules and ensure equipment and machinery is tooled and setup correctly.
- Ensure availability of production supplies.
- Promptly address production issues and assist team members to ensure production goals and performance requirements are met.
- Maintain good housekeeping and ensure work area, machines, and equipment are regularly cleaned.
- Use independent judgment to assign team member work duties to meet operational requirements. Make sure that team members and co-workers have the information and training needed to perform their job duties.
- Supervise team members in a manner that enables growth and success through feedback, training, and encouragement. Establish performance expectations for team members and provide regular feedback and performance reviews to ensure that team members understand how their job duties support the company’s mission and have the right tools/resources to do their jobs well.
- Investigate performance concerns and implement disciplinary action, up to and including termination, as needed and in compliance with company procedures and with consultation with the human resources department.
- Work with human resources department to manage hiring process for direct reports; interview and select candidates for hire in compliance with company processes.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Continually evaluate processes, make recommendations, and implement improvements to optimize efficiency. Establish and document standard operating procedures and ensure the team is adhering to them. Drive continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and methodology to lead team in continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards. Use independent judgment to ensure that team members follow company policy and maintain a safe work environment by encouraging safe practices and promptly resolving violations, including initiating rewards and discipline as needed.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Lead and inspire team members; must be able to relate to and build team working relationships
- Operate a computer and demonstrate PC proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Efficiently perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Be professional in all interactions and dealings with co-workers, internal/external customers and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
Minimum Experience, Education, and CertiFications
- Associates degree in electronics technology, polymer processing, or other related technical degree and three (3) years operations management experience, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Verifiable track record of supervising the work of associates in a manufacturing facility.
- May be required to obtain a forklift license through Warren Distribution.
Physical Demands OF Essential Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain in a stationary position while supervising and directing team members and performing data entry.
- Transport products and materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Manipulate equipment using force of up to 30 pounds.
- Position oneself when checking the operation or condition of the equipment and performing a variety of maintenance checks.
- Reach overhead when checking and maintaining equipment and when performing office tasks.
- Ascend/descend stairs/ladders when checking equipment and when accessing storage areas.
- Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools, machinery, and office equipment.
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
- Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing and production environment, which may include being exposed to work in high/precarious places, moving machinery, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.