OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County, OMJCC, is currently sourcing a Distribution Center Clerk for a company in Solon, Ohio.
SUMMARY The Shipping Control Clerk establishes the point of contact that controls the internal functioning of the Shipping Department. The Clerk is responsible for understanding, monitoring and complying with customer requirements for shipment of orders. The Clerk is responsible for generating, sorting, and matching pick tickets and picking labels.
The clerk also provides administrative support to the Shipping Manager and Shipping Supervisors by handling record keeping, documentation, report generating, correspondence, filing, and operating office equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Supports all shipping personnel to resolve all problems they encounter such as part number discrepancies and quantity discrepancies
Compares figures and totals on order entry documents, to packing documents, to verify accuracy
Notifies appropriate personnel of discrepancies and make recommendations for resolution of the problem/issue
Maintains, updates, and makes changes to database files that are relative to customer orders
Complies with procedural requirements of bills of lading and truck line requirements
Researches discrepancies, errors, and inquiries, from both internal and external sources, such as customer service, sales, and truck lines
Sorts, batches, and prioritizes pick tickets
Masters the WMS systems in order to analyze and develop more efficient use of the system
Evaluates current methods and systems for efficiency and makes recommendations for improvements
Performs picking and shipping duties on the shop floor when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two or more years related work experience is required
- Exposure to a computerized office environment, proficiency with a database system, and knowledge of warehouse operations are also required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, problem solve, work independently and work in a fast pace environment
- Must read, write and speak English
- Must be able to perform basic math functions, multiplication, addition, division and subtraction
- Must be able to retain and recall information
- Must be detail oriented
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255