Job Title: Maintenance Tech
Job Skills / Requirements
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• ➢ Monitors and/or performs preventative maintenance.
• ➢ Ensures that work order requests are responded to promptly and professionally.
• ➢ Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
• ➢ Provides on-call service when scheduled and performs emergency maintenance work when required.
• ➢ Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
• ➢ Assists with purchasing maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
• ➢ Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
• ➢ Ability to read, write and understand English.
• ➢ Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking systems used at the property.
• ➢ Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
• ➢ Good verbal and written communication skills.
• ➢ Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• ➢ Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
• ➢ Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
• ➢ Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
➢ Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
➢ Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
➢ Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
➢ Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
➢ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
➢ Ability to drive an automobile
Education and/or Experience
• ➢ High School diploma or equivalent.
• ➢ Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
➢ Current driver license and automobile insurance.
• ➢ Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
• ➢ Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of, safety goggles and
gloves when appropriate.
• ➢ Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this
• ➢ Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
• ➢ Must be reachable via phone or text, except during approved time off.
• ➢ Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
• Travel throughout the Miami Valley will be required.
• ➢ Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
• ➢ Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching.
• ➢ Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
• ➢ Ability to identify and distinguish color.
➢ Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors using nose.
➢ Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 100 pounds or more.
➢ Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
• ➢ Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
• ➢ Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
• ➢ Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
• ➢ Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
Additional Information / Benefits
Full time position 8:30 -5:00 plus overtime.
Start $16.00 per hour.
401K with company match after 90 Days.