Job Title: Driver
Worksite Location: Dover, Ohio
How to Apply: APPLY DIRECT at the employer’s website, (www.advanceautoparts.jobs).
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Entry level store position capable of supporting delivery & pick up of parts to commercial stores & customers. The role has the responsibility to deliver parts to our commercial customers and assist with task and inventory processes in the store. This position can be part time or full time (10 to 40 hours per week) and must be fleet safety certified.
• Safely deliver parts to customers as needed
• Pick and stage parts for customer orders
• Pick up returns and cores
• Drop off weekly / monthly sales flyer
• Daily collection of credit accounts
• Store Cleanliness including floors, bathrooms, facing, dusting, parking lot
• General stocking including truck stocking and back stock
• Basic driving and navigation ability
• Ability to use delivery board system
• Friendly communication
• Ability to locate and stock parts
• Safety knowledge and skills
• Operating inventory systems (Back stock) and store equipment
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Driver:
• Communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals
• Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Qualifications: Must be at least 21 years old, have a HS diploma/equivalent & a valid driver's license, a positive driving record & be fleet safety-certified. Automotive parts experience is preferred Must be able to do medium lifting up to 50 lbs. Must be able to do climbing, extensive sitting, walking & frequent stooping. Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check, MVR/Driving Records Check & Drug Testing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC1