Job Title: School Based Clinical Therapist
Worksite Location: Canton, Ohio 44704
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health:
Email resume and cover letter to: Careers@childandadolescent.org
Or Fax to: (330) 456-2244
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
- In addition to conducting Individual and Family Therapy, duties and opportunities may include conducting Diagnostic/Mental Health Assessments, Group Therapy, and Mental Health Consultation & Prevention.
- Position will be predominantly school-based, and will likely also include some office-based and/or community-based, including client home visits.
- Populations served may range from early childhood to transition-aged adolescent and young adults with a wide range of diagnoses and presenting problems.
- Flexibility to work after school and evenings (some evening hours are required to accommodate family schedules and ensure family involvement in services), and possibly Saturdays.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience/skill or willingness to obtain skills in working with a variety of special populations including early childhood, traumatized and victimized children & youth, transition-aged adolescents, youth with sexual behavior problems, chronic & severely emotionally/behaviorally impaired youth.
- Ability to engage a wide range of clients and parents, including those from diverse populations, and those uncertain about the value and/or necessity of MH services.
- Ability to work effectively with other professionals both within and outside the mental health profession.
- Experience/skill or willingness to obtain skills in applicable modalities and interventions, including, but not limited to, evidenced-based /evidenced-informed practices as required.
- Training and practice experience that is “trauma-informed” as well as background in such approaches as Feedback Informed Treatment or modalities such as Trauma–focused CBT, Motivational Interviewing, DBT, DINA and Incredible Years (for early childhood populations), and others matched to our population are valuable.
- Must be culturally competent and willing to work with clients and families within various and diverse populations.
Qualifications: Licensed in the state of Ohio via the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board, or the Ohio Board of Psychology.
Salary Range/Compensation: Based upon licensure status and direct care hours provided.
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Some evening (and possibly Saturday) hours required
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must have Valid Driver’s License
Available Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave and Retirement Plan other than 401K
Pre-employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, Drug Testing, and Reference Check
OMJ Staff Contact: RC6