Patient Care Representative
KeyBridge Medical Revenue Care is a respected healthcare accounts receivable management company with an aggressive plan for growth. We are located in Lima, OH, where we have been faithfully serving our clients for over 35 years. We represent hospitals and healthcare providers while caring for their patients by processing payments and assisting them to resolve their patient account balances through federally funded financial assistance programs, insurance, and payment plans.
We are seeking intelligent individuals with diverse backgrounds — people, who like to ask questions, solve problems and find better ways to do things.
At KeyBridge, we believe we’re only as good as our reputation; after all, we are a respected leader in our industry and 12-time winner of Best Places to Work awards! We want you to like where you work, too. And, if you join KeyBridge, we think you will. Here are just a few of the perks:
- Business casual work environment
- Pension plans, profit sharing and 401k with employer contributions
- Health, prescription, vision and life insurance
- Vacation and paid time-off
- Culture of caring for our employees, our clients and their patients while having fun along the way
- Promoting team-building with fun; annual family picnic, holiday party, interactive games, luncheon carry-in and even an amusing Halloween costume contest
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness initiatives that have included fresh fruit and veggie Wednesdays, walking & hydration challenges, smoking cessation and even a visiting massage therapist.
Patient Care Representatives work in our state-of-the-art call center in Lima, OH, representing hospitals and healthcare providers while caring for their patients by processing payments and assisting them to resolve their patient account balances. We offer a team-driven work experience with flexible scheduling and monthly performance-based bonus plan. Spanish-speaking and previous medical billing experience are both a plus.
We want the best and brightest to join our family. If you are great with people, organized, detail-oriented, possess a positive attitude & drive to be successful; we want to hear from you! Other perks to expect are:
- Flexible scheduling
- 125 hours of on-the-job training
- Monthly performance-based bonus plan
- Team-driven work experience, where together we can grow to our full potential
- Ability to understand and communicate with patients to assist them in resolving their patient account balances
- Basic keyboarding and the ability to learn & navigate our proprietary software
- Good listening & communication skills to successfully assist patients on the phone
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one communications with responsible parties, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to pass the MDHBA and ACA certification tests when you become eligible
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
- Ability to understand and communicate with Spanish-speaking patients is a plus
- Previous experience with medical insurance billing is a plus
All applicants must be willing and able to adhere to KeyBridge’s Core Values:
- Serving our clients in a way that makes them fiercely loyal
- Treating patients and each other with dignity and respect
- There is always a better way, especially with constant learning
- Working hard as a team and having fun along the way
- Attention to detail and results will set us apart
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Interested applicants may apply online at keybrigemed.com or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org