Job Title: Stark County MST-PSB Therapist - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, Ohio 44704
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health:
Email resume and cover letter to: Careers@childandadolescent.org
Or Fax to: (330) 456-2244
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Duties/Description: This program targets delinquent youth in Stark County with mental health issues and Problem Sexual Behaviors (PSB) and their families using the evidenced-based nine (9) Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Principles. Clinicians focus on promoting behavior change in the youth's natural environment by providing intensive, home-based individualized services while working with low caseloads. Services are provided in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the agency such as COA, OhioMHAS, StarkMHAR, and AAS.
- Great Team Atmosphere
- Week long MST training (an evidence-based treatment recognized around the world) within first 3 months on the job
- Quarterly booster trainings which include at minimum 16 hours of free CEU’s per year
- High level of supervision and team support
- Strength based approach utilized to help families get change quickly (treatment is 4-7 months)
- Non-traditional schedule, including on-call
- Small case load, 4-6 families at one time
- Encourage work/life balance, reasonable productivity requirements
- Excellent benefits
Skills and Experience:
- Candidates must have a current, unencumbered LSW, LPC or MFT licensure in the state of Ohio.
- Demonstrated ability to meet direct service position requirements
- Experience participating on and interacting with a team
- Ability to work within a structured environment to ensure adherence to the evidence-based MST-PSB model
- Ability to engage a wide range of clients and parents, including those from diverse populations, and those uncertain about the value and/or necessity of MH services.
- Ability to work effectively with other professionals both within and outside the mental health profession.
- Must be culturally competent and willing to work with clients and families within various and diverse populations.
Salary Range/Compensation: Based upon licensure status and experience.
Hours: Full-time. Some evening/weekend hours required.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must have Valid Driver’s License
Available Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave and Retirement Plan other than 401K
Pre-employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Drug Testing, and Reference Check
OMJ Staff Contact: RC6