Essential Functions: Responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
• Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment
• Customer relations
• Loading and unloading of materials at customer & vendor sites
• Maintain all documentation for transportation compliance
• Function within CWE Emergency Reporting Procedures
• Quality Control / Quality Assurance (know your load)
• Operate bulk liquid equipment
• Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
• Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Work Environment: Sitting for extended periods of time while driving a truck. Working outside, sometimes in the weather. Operation of vacuum tankers- loading & unloading hazardous materials like flammables, corrosives.
Competencies: Strong work ethic. Ability to manage one’s own time and be punctual.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift and move 3” 2” 4” size hoses of 25’ lengths. Must be able to connect hoses. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 30 pounds. Must be able to climb up a ladder and balance.
• 5 years of satisfactory driving experience required with ability to pass motor vehicle record check (No DUI's within past 5 years).
• 2+ years’ experience operation of tractor trailer over the road
• 2+ years’ experience customer relations. (this is not no-touch freight)
• Professional communications and organizational skills to work independent of direct supervision
• Must have a valid Ohio class A CDL license with tanker endorsement. Hazmat endorsement preferred
• Literate in D.O.T. guidelines and ability to maintain all documentation for transportation laws
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical.
• Must be able to operate manual transmission
• Additional duties consistent with the general scope of this position.