Job Title: Welder - OMJST
Worksite Location: Alliance, OH 44601
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to MAC Trailer using the following information:
Apply online at: www.mactrailer.com
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: MAC Trailer is hiring Welders to work at both of its Alliance, OH, locations: 14599 Commerce St. and 2360 W. Main St. The purpose/objective of this position is to utilize and implement acquired welding knowledge, experience and skill for the purpose of welding aluminum and steel material and manufacturing parts and product for the tractor trailer industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other Duties May Be Assigned):
- Perform and abide by safety policies and procedures while welding and other related task assignments.
- Perform daily custom build fit/up and welding assignments.
- Review specification documentation and information related to assignments to assure product is manufactured to customer specifications and MAC Trailer's quality standards.
- Keep the area in which you work clean and organized during and at the end of shift.
- Organize and restock parts and materials.
- Communicate with Supervisors/Managers issues of concern and any other pertinent information which effect safety and the productive completion of quality product and schedule of product.
- Perform all related duties as assigned by Supervisor(s).
- Performs assignment of work to contribute to material, parts and product is being produced according to MAC’s quality and quantity standards, while supporting a safe work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in tractor trailer building or knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing-related field is preferred.
- Mechanical experience is preferred.
- Proficient in steel and aluminum MIG welding. Must pass company-approved weld test.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully perform basic math and measurement functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and comprehend job specifications, measurements and/or detailed drawings.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression - the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences and then communicate the information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Selective Attention - the ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to communicate, abide by, verify and logically respond to safety policies, procedures and concerns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Finger Dexterity - the ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble very small objects.
- Manual Dexterity - the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm or your two hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble objects.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Must be able to physically inspect own work and perform work in various positions.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift various materials. Aluminum, steel and parts.
- Ability to work from a ladder and heights.
- Mechanically proficient is necessary
- Able to work any shift based on production need.
- Ability to work assigned shift and/or extended shift hours.
- Ability to work alone or as a team.
- Transportation to and from work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Details: Full time. 1st, 3rd Shifts. 40 hours/week. Monday through Friday. $15.75/hour.
Qualifications: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Available Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Educational Assistance, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Drug Testing, Employment Test (Tape Measure, Reading Comprehension and Weld Test).
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2