Location: Mobile Systems - North
SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
To accomplish assigned welding tasks under direct supervision, using written instructions and established procedures.
- Perform GMAW or GTAW welding to produce flat and horizontal fillet welds and certify to AWS D1.1or D1.2
- Read, understand and apply the requirements of applicable welding procedure specifications (WPS)
- Use a tape measure to establish proper assembly
- Set up, assemble and tack weld parts
- Change wire reels, feeders, guns, tips, cups and sleeves of welding station
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded using workmanship standards
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Follow instructions and procedures
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely, safe and high quality manner.
- Work according to all company and industry related safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Display proper use and maintenance of fixtures.
- Inform supervisor or upper level welders of problems with products or procedures.
- Learn to identify product defects and relay defects found to supervisor or team leader.
- Complete all appropriate documentation
- Receptive to receive training from skilled welders or instructors.
- Participate positively in team/individual discussions
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School graduate or equivalent.
BASIC SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Proactive team member
- Must have a high level of quality and productivity
- Good interpersonal skills
- May require heavy lifting
- Must be in good standing with the company
- Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/or criminal background check.
Note: The statements included in this job description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.