Job Title:Direct Support Professional - OMJST
Worksite Location: Alliance, OH & Akron, OH
How to Apply: APPLY DIRECT to Beautiful Minds Services, Inc. using the following information:
Email resume to Monica Massey at:
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Beautiful Minds Services Inc. is hiring Direct Support Professionals to work in clients’ homes in Alliance, OH, and Akron, OH. The DSP helps individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and is responsible for developing and facilitating individualized programs of functional, social and daily living skills instruction to promote independence, interdependence and community integration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures individuals’ health, safety and welfare, enhances the quality of individuals’ lives and supports community inclusion.
- Provides direct assistance to the participant in self-help, socialization and adaptive skills training, retention and improvement.
- Provides personal care and protective oversight and supervision.
- Implements the behavioral support plans of participants to reduce inappropriate and/or maladaptive behaviors and to acquire alternative adaptive skills and behaviors.
- Provides assistance and training on independent community living skills, such as personal hygiene, light housework, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, grocery shopping, using the telephone and medication and money management.
- Provides direct assistance in teaching such concepts as rule compliance, attendance, task completion, problem solving, endurance, work speed, work accuracy, increased attention span, motor skills and safety to groups of participants.
- Provides direct assistance in training appropriate social interaction skills required in the workplace to groups of participants.
- Provides participant-specific assistance, such as assistance with personal care and self-administration of medications.
- Participates in the development and implementation of each (ISP) Individual’s Support Plan.
- Provides supervision as determined in the (ISP) Individuals’ Support Plans.
- Participates in the implementing of all program plans designed to enhance the individual’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical and independent living skills.
- Completes and updates all daily, weekly and monthly records, reports, logs, casework notes, administrative paperwork, fiscal reports and medical records.
- Transports individuals in personal and/or company vehicle for community outings or scheduled appointments.
- Ensures that the facility or home is safe, comfortable, well maintained and free from hazards.
- Ability to learn to identify symptoms associated with mental health diagnosis and to learn to apply interventions when symptoms occur.
- Ability to pass the Department of Public Welfare’s Medication Administration Course and administers medications in compliance with regulation and DBHDD policy.
- Ability to perform first aid/CPR.
- Must be able to purchase your own paid trainings such as CPR, CPI, COGENT Report, etc.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must have an annual TB skin test (negative).
- Must have an annual health examination (physical) with signed statement from a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant that you are free of communicable disease.
Details: Part time. 1st and 2nd shifts available. 20 hours/week. $12.00/hour.
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid Driver’s License.
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC5