Job Title: CDL Operator (A or B) - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, OH
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to HydroChemPSC using the following information:
Email resume to Joslyn Holmes at: email@example.com
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: HydroChemPSC has an opening in Canton, OH, for a CDL Operator.
** Must have a CDL Class A or B. **
** Must be able to drive a manual transmission. **
SUMMARY: Drives vacuum truck and operates truck equipment to complete single task jobs requiring one crew and turnarounds with management oversight at client’s site in accordance with client and business requirements and HydroChemPSC policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates Vacuum truck and Jet-Rodder.
- Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and HydroChemPSC policies, practices and procedures.
- Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements and assures customer satisfaction.
- Operates vehicle safely at all times.
- Maintains a current driver’s license or CDL as required.
- Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
- Safely transports hazardous and non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Maintains a driver’s log as required to assure compliance with all regulations.
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and HydroChemPSC management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTOs etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by PSC, DOT, OSHA and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience and observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
- Working knowledge of DOT CFR49.
- Working knowledge of OSHA CFR29.
- Current 40 HAZWOPER.
- CDL Class A or B license in good standing with Hazmat.
- Compliance with drug policy.
- Compliance with background checking policy.
- Compliance with DOT physical requirements.
- Possess all required I-9 documentation.
- Must meet Hazmat endorsement criteria.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Drivers must present a valid driver’s license, CDL if required, and previous proof of experience that documents the safe operation of vehicles and equipment.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to conform to work hours.
- Operational knowledge of tools, equipment and tasks identified in this job description.
- Ability to report to work within one hour of receiving call to work.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
Details: Full time. Rotating Shift. Sunday through Saturday. $17.00/hour (starting wage).
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid CDL Class A or B.
Available Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, Drug Testing, Physical Examination.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2