Under general supervision is responsible for the timely and efficient completion of operational duties as assigned or directed. Ensures the safety and security of residents, staff and facilities. Assists in creating and fostering an environment conducive to the treatment, operational and administrative goals and mission of the MonDay program.
RATE OF PAY:$13.14
SHIFTS: FULL TIME, 6AM-6PM & 6PM-6AM, WEEKENDS
- Answers phones, doors; conducts segregation checks and eye counts.
- Distributes medication and mail.
- Monitors phone calls; showers, meals and work details.
- Prepares and submits incident reports on any unusual happenings.
- Performs intervention/disciplinary actions.
- Logs necessary information in shift and resident logs.
- Attends mandatory staff/shift meetings, and all necessary training.
- Exchanges pertinent information with other shifts.
- Takes appropriate action in regard to Emergency Evacuation Drills.
- Transports residents to designated off ground sites.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree in Corrections preferred with knowledge and/or experience in corrections.
- State of Ohio Motor Vehicle Operator’s License required
- Ability to read and write in order to perform daily correspondence and reports.
- Interpersonal skills in order to maintain ordinary courtesy and tact to communicate professionally and effectively with staff, residents, callers, visitors and people of the courts.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to details while monitoring and interacting with residents; knowledge of safety and security.
- Knowledge and experience in the operation of PCs and common software packages desired.
- Ability to lift, pull, push, and manipulate equipment.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- Bending, lifting forty (40) pounds upward.
- Restrain disorderly residents.