Job Title: Drug & Alcohol Rehab Counselors
Worksite Location: Dellroy/Sherrodsville Area
How to Apply: APPLY DIRECT to the employer by email(email@example.com) or by phone (330-866-0918) or by fax (330-566-4023) or on-line at their website (bluffsrehab.com/careers).
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas
when applying to this employer.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing group therapy & other clinical treatment services based on client needs including group & family counseling for clients in treatment at the campus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Develop client resource used in group therapy during treatment. Provide therapy to clients as assigned by Program Director & under the supervision of an approved, licensed therapist. Participate in the treatment team meetings. Assists clients in developing measurable chemical dependency related discharge goals & objectives. Update treatment plan at least weekly. Complete & maintain accurate records & reports regarding the clients’ histories & progress, services provided, & other required information. Monitors client progress & adjusts clinical approach as necessary. Conducts assessments with new clients. Interface w/ families, treatment team members & case management. Collaborate w/ utilization review team to provide necessary clinical information for insurance certification. Responsible for creating & supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding & complying w/ the Company’s policies, by demonstrating the Company’s competencies & being a role model for the Company ‘HEARTBEAT’ values. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Abilities: To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Listed below are requirements that are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals w/ disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required. Masters degree preferred.
- Active & current certification/licensure as a helping professional relevant to addiction treatment (i.e. CDCA, LCDC, LICDC, etc.).
- Must possess an understanding of the nature of addiction recovery & clinical intervention which leads to greatest outcomes & creates conditions for highest probability of sustained recovery.
- Certified in Dialectical behavior therapy preferred.
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience in drug & alcohol treatment preferred.
- Ability to read & interpret written information, write clearly & informatively; edits work for spelling & grammar. Ability to speak clearly & persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens & gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills & participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Working knowledge of EMR system preferred.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit, use hands/fingers, talk, hear or smell continually. Ability to stand, walk, & reach frequently. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch occasionally. Ability to frequently lift & carry up to 10 lbs. & occasionally lift & carry up to 25 lbs. Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents & operate copy & fax machine. Work environment is indoors & climate-controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise levels as found in a business office w/ computer printers, households w/ TV’s & dishwashers & driving light traffic.
Available Benefits: Medical & Dental Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, 401K
Pre-employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Drug Testing & Reference Check
OMJ Staff Contact: RC1