SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
With oversight of Quality Assurance Management; implements activities concerning development, application, and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) including Document Control, Audits, Calibration Control, Corrective Action issuance, maintenance of Quality Information Database System (IQS), Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in implementation of applicable Quality Management Systems and Environmental Health and Safety plans and procedures to ensure compliance to internal MSD requirements, customer contracts and OSHA and EPA requirements.
- Provide quality assurance inspection support for raw or received materials, component and assembly processing, and /or finished products during product development and in meeting production contractual requirements.
- Maintain performance metrics and measurement goals.
- Involvement in supplier development and maintenance activities (including Supplier Scorecards) for prompt and conforming delivery.
- Administer and update Quality Information Database System (IQS) activities for Non-conformances, Corrective Actions and Calibration records.
- Assist in root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action of internal Quality and EHS issues.
- Assist in improvement efforts in-line with department and MSD business goals through clear and defined data collection and analysis.
- Ensure company QMS and EHS compliance by performing internal and external audits to meet ISO, and OSHA requirements and other MSD site needs.
- Establish, and improve QMS and EHS through developing and conducting training of employees.
- Facilitate inter-company communication with customers, potential customers, suppliers and third-party regulatory agencies.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and EHS regulations.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
BS or BA degree in a technical discipline and/or 1 to 3 years of quality assurance experience in Quality Management Systems, EHS or related activities and/or elements.
Basic Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Solid interpersonal skills with experience in customer/supplier relations.
- Self-motivated: Process/results oriented.
- Problem solving skills required. ASQ certification, CQA, CQE a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001, QS 9100, IATF 16949 or AS 9100 Quality Operating Systems
- Statistical training /experience desired.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and kaizen techniques desired
- Experience with PPAP processes desired.
- Able to handle multiple assignments under time constraints
- Must have strong work ethic, sense of urgency and a high energy level
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application is required
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends to meet business needs as needed
- Ability to work with a diversified work force
- Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.