Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
The mission of Mercy Health Partners is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The HME customer service technician delivers and instructs on medical equipment in the patients home. Follows an established daily route and insures timely deliveries are made. Complies with regulatory guidelines and abides by departmental policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or (GED)
- one to three months related experience and/or training in Home Medical Equipment
- or Delivery experience with customer service background
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Delivery experience preferred
- Customer service experience required
- Home Medical Equipment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge and skill required to perform the job responsibilities for both technical and dimensional content.
- Has broad, fairly detailed level of knowledge of a specific area.
- Gathers, organizes, verifies, composes, and/or analyzes data in the completion of several defined, multi-step procedures.
- Produces final output within established standards.
- May operate complicated equipment/machinery.
PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING:
- The degree to which judgment and analysis must be exercised in planning, investigating issues, and evaluating alternative solutions to the challenges posed by the job. Deals with the nature of the decisions, the variety of problems, and how decisions are made in context of the typical requirements of the job.
- Makes decisions by reviewing defined alternatives
- Receives assistance from standard procedures, co-workers, and/or supervisors
SCOPE OF IMPACT/ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Impacts multiple work areas on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides information regularly to decision-making process
- Has little or no responsibility for committing resources (financial or staff) in work area (s), but performs analyses and makes recommendations.
- Provides team leadership by assisting and training others.
- Responds to non-routine and detailed inquires from others who may not be knowledgeable in subject area.
- Requires understanding others expectations/perspectives to collaborate and reach consensus on solutions.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Performs deliveries, pick-ups, and exchanges of home medical equipment. Cleans disinfects, and maintains home medical equipment. Cleans and restocks company vans. Cleans warehouse, and wipes down and organizes stock inventory and shelves. Provides for patient and/or caregiver equipment instruction. Insures equipment is appropriate for patient use and patient is capable of using the equipment. Assesses the home environment to identify problems and needs and discusses safety issues with patients/caregivers. Reports back to appropriate personnel any problems identified with patients. Completes all required paperwork by the organization and regulatory required forms to include but not limited to route sheets, HazMats, analyzer logs, delivery tickets and patient set-up forms. Performs daily vehicle inspections and completes logs. Reports any vehicle problems to the manager. Adheres to the safety infection/control policies and procedures of the organization and reports potential safety/infection control issues. Performs equipment clean and checks. Participates in performance improvement and JCAHO compliance efforts. Protects confidentiality of information.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES Other:
Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to work in an unsupervised environment in a responsible manner. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to organize several tasks at a time with minimal supervision. The employee will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or talk and hear. Employee frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste and smell. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
Well also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Work Shift: Days (United States of America)
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If youd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation & Benefits
EEO is the Law
FMLA Rights - English
La FMLA Espaol
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity