Apex Systems is seeking a highly qualified PCB Layout Design Engineer for a fortune 500 company located in Beachwood, OH. The PCB Design Engineer will be responsible for designing complex high-speed digital, analog and power printed circuit boards. This is an exciting opportunity for an Engineer that has strong PCB design experience using Mentor Graphics. If interested please send resume and job number to Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org
TITLE: PCB Layout Design Engineer
LOCATION: Beachwood, OH
LENGTH: 12 month contract with possible full-time.
- 5+ years of PCB, electronic design and electronic packaging experience.
- Design experience with Mentor Graphics (Xtreme, DXdesigner and/or Xpedition).
- Proficiency in engineering drawings as well as written and spoken English.
- Agile SDLC
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design complex high-speed digital, analog and power printed circuit boards, based on knowledge of present and developing technology, industry standards (i.e., UL, CSA, NEMA, etc.)
- PCB stack-up design, Signal Integrity intensive layout design techniques and at identifying potential layout design issues and providing options for solutions.
- Perform complex schematic edits as required.
- Expert in the creation for all PCB related documentation including the PCB drawing, module assembly drawing, PCB configuration and revision management, PCB parts list, and project folder.
- Evaluate design tradeoffs for design optimization considering performance, cost and manufacturability requirements.
- Develops new methods and procedures for PCB Design team.
- Design experience with computer-aided (CAD) tools, methods for PCB design, basic signal integrity and power integrity analysis, auto routers, crosstalk analysis, impedance matching, documentation and automated design rule checking
- Documents/updates existing PCB design procedures, guidelines, and specifications
NICE TO HAVE:
- 2+ years of experience with Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) systems, preferably SAP.
- TRAVEL Position may require some travel (5-10%, possibly international).
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Education
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.