Job Title: Direct Support Professional - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, OH 44718
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Pivot Staffing using the following information:
Apply in person:
4328 Dressler Road NW
Canton, OH 44718
Email resume to Melissa Houser at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Pivot Staffing is hiring for Direct Support Professional openings.
#1 Objective: Provide necessary assistance to people served in meeting all aspects of daily living in a residential setting, while encouraging them to make decisions and be active in their home and community.
- Assist with contacting families and friends, and increasing interaction with people in the community.
- Provide behavior support to people when necessary so that they can maintain appropriate social interaction with others, and refrain from infringing on their rights.
- Assist and support those served in the attainment and implementation of the goals listed on the Individual/My Plans.
Provide assistance to each person within their home and community, including:
- Assist individuals with home maintenance, food preparations and laundry skills based upon each person’s specific need.
- Maintain safe and sanitary conditions within the home at all times. This includes completing fire drills and emergency weather drills per agency guidelines.
- Communicate the needs and concerns of the home and those served through established procedures.
- Plan opportunities to those served to participate in community leisure activities (i.e. shopping), and provide transportation and assistance in those activities.
- Support and encourage socially-appropriate manners of dress, personal hygiene, behavior, home maintenance and citizenship, which will result in a quality and valued lifestyle.
- Provide and/or assist those served with the basic activities of daily living. This may include bathing, changing, assistance with personal hygiene, etc.
- Ensure staff coverage is maintained at all times. This may include staying beyond a scheduled shift, or being temporarily reassigned to another location to provide for the needs of those served.
- Represent organization and those served in the community in a positive manner.
Support each person’s medical needs, including:
- Schedule, accompany and provide transportation to medical, dental and social service appointments. Provide support to those served in attending these appointments. Accurately communicate with the medical professional information that the person cannot or will not communicate on his/her own.
- Administer medications and medical treatment according to documented procedures. Follow medication administration guidelines in the administration of all medicine and treatments.
- Learn and utilize all special and or adaptive equipment with proficiency for those served.
- Complete documentation during each shift according to organizational procedure. Correctly and efficiently file all required paperwork into the home books (Safety, Medication, Program, etc.).
- Maintain and operate the agency vehicle in accordance to organization policy and applicable laws.
- Implement organization and home policies and procedures and maintains compliance with all laws, codes, regulations and standards at all times in the performance of duties.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. (weight may vary depending on the location).
- Must be able to push wheelchairs, use Hoyer lifts, bend, twist and pick up objects with body and hands.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in all weather conditions to take to grocery store, doctors’ appointments and other community activities.
Tough/Challenging Parts of the Job:
- Dealing with patients who are sometimes not cooperative.
- Grooming and hygiene assistance with patients.
- Heavy lifting assisting the patients as well as their equipment.
- Schedules usually run Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday. Afternoon shifts are usually 2:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m. and Overnight shifts are usually 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Training is provided and you will be paid your hourly wage for training. Training consists of nursing/med pass certification, CPR, in-home training, as well as policies and procedures. Training is typically on 1st shift (8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.).
- $10.00 per hour (pay could be more depending on the house).
- After 90 days of being hired onto payroll you will receive a $300 sign-on bonus.
- Annual raises up to 3% given each year.
Details: Full time. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts. 30 to 40 hours/week. Sunday through Saturday. $10.00 to $11.50/hour.
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid Driver’s License.
Available Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, Drug Testing.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2