Who We Are
We are SEEK Company, a Division of Directions Research. In short, we are an innovation consultancy - but there's more to it than that. We are shaking up traditional market research by empathically connecting brands with the humans they serve to fuel innovation. We are a curious collective with a focus on human-centered research and empathic understanding as an innate problem-solving capability. Leveraging empathy to fuel innovation, we uncover deep human insights that serve as a springboard for meaningful ideas. We believe that slowing down to speed up is the key to making the consumer world a better place - a more human place. And we want you to be a part of the journey.
This position will have the opportunity to work out of SEEK's Cincinnati headquarters.
Who You Are
You are hungry, intuitive, strategic, curious, and open to learn, understand, and listen. Not only are you here to learn from SEEK, but you're here so SEEK can learn from you. You see consumers beyond a number on a page, but a human with a deeper story to tell- with a desire to uncover that story and change the way our clients advocate their brands. You are willing to creatively customize projects with fresh ideas, collaborate on projects with your team and clients, and craft a human story through an empathic lens.
What You're Responsible For
- Lead project intake calls, identify client needs, and speak your voice and ideas into projects to design accordingly from both a research and ideation perspective.
- Empathically connect with your clients to best understand their research and business needs.
- Develop research plan to meet the client objectives and needs.
- Create custom activities, methodologies, and modules best suited for the objectives of the research.
Proposing & Pitching
- Oversee proposal development process, from conception and detailed project design, collaborating with interdisciplinary account team to create detailed project proposals based on client needs.
- Lead proposal "pitch" or walk-through with clients.
- Ability to answer questions during walk-through in a way that displays comprehensive knowledge of SEEK's product offerings, industry familiarity, and confidence as the voice of the consumer.
- Optimize innovation plan accordingly and successfully secure projects.
Research & Ideation Consulting
- Lead internal project team and project strategy optimization
- Create discussion guides and other research materials
- Lead clients, partners, and consumers through research and ideation activities and debriefs
- Lead In-depth empathetic interviews and group discussions with consumers
- Analyze research findings to develop actionable insights and next-step recommendations
- Write a comprehensive summary report of project
- Provide strategic recommendations for client's business and suggestions for future learning and innovation needs
- Develop ideation capabilities in junior project team members, as necessary for participation
- Leading / assisting in Business Development presentations as an experienced consultant
- Build and maintain a small portfolio of clients/accounts to grow business
- Assisting in the training and development of Research and Innovation Consultants (RICs) and Research and Innovation Associates (RIAs)
- Other special projects as assigned
Skills & Competencies
- Experience in client-facing qualitative research and mastery in leading in-person moderation with experience in digital/online research moderation
- Ability to lead a client team with confidence and provide them with a strategic direction throughout the entire research process
- Equipped with strong writing skills that include report writing and in-depth storytelling
- Strong communication skills that include presentation capabilities and managing client relationships
- Minimum of 4 years work experience, primarily focused on market research and/or relevant business experience
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30-50%, as project work requires
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.