Job Title: Cut-Off Operator - OMJST
Worksite Location: Minerva, OH 44657
How to Apply:
To fill out a company application for this employer please visit:
OhioMeansJobs Stark - 822 30th Street NW, Canton, Ohio 44709
Customer Service Desk / Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm
Job Description: PCC Airfoils in Minerva, OH, is hiring for Cut-Off Operator positions. SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the department supervisor, the Cut-Off Operator cuts sprues, risers and gates from castings; cuts bar stock and revert metal to length; trims castings as required; uses abrasive cut-off machines; sets up and adjusts holding fixtures; receives instructions and assignments from the foreperson.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Obtains castings, bars stock or revert metal from container or floor, places on machine table or in holding fixture, applies manual pressure to cause abrasive wheel or saw blade to cut through metal at designated point. Removes casting, bar stock and/or revert metal from fixture or table at completion of cutting operation and places in proper container or on floor. Abrasive cut-off machines are generally of 20-inch wheel capacity or smaller.
- Checks for proper cut-off by using rule or gauges.
- Pushes carts of castings to and from work and storage areas as required to maintain flow of work.
- Changes and adjusts holding fixtures as required and replaces abrasive cut-off wheel or saw blade as needed;
- Signs off routing cards as required and reports faulty products and processes to the foreperson.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Performs other duties related to the job as directed by the foreperson.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED; at least one year manufacturing experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedures; to communicate production information both in writing and verbally; and complete required production reports.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
OTHER QUALIFICATION: Regular attendance and the ability to work weekday and weekend overtime.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and/or hear. Frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Must frequently lift up to 50 lbs. Lifting above 50 lbs. will require the use of lift assist or help. Vision abilities required include ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Frequently exposed to humid conditions. Occasionally exposed to fumes. Noise level in the work environment is usually high. Appropriate personal protective equipment is required to be worn.
Details: Full time. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Rotating Shifts. Sunday through Saturday. $15.20/hour (starting wage).
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED.
Available Benefits: Health, Dental, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Educational Assistance, Sick Leave, 401(k), Retirement Plan Other Than 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, Reference Check, Drug Testing.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2