Job Title: General Maintenance - OMJST
Worksite Location: Minerva, OH 44657
How to Apply: To fill out a company application for this employer please visit:
OhioMeansJobs Stark - 822 30th Street NW, Canton, Ohio 44709 Customer Service Desk / Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm.
Job Description: PCC Airfoils in Minerva, OH, has General Maintenance openings. Maintains the plant area inside and outside such as offices, lunchroom, lavatories and factory areas in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition; performs a variety of labor duties including painting, carpentry, masonry work and lubricating mechanical equipment in the plant. Label hazardous waste containers as to contents and transport to 90-day storage building. Required to assist skilled craftsmen in the installation, repair and adjustment of machines, facilities and equipment. As required by assigned task, operates power equipment, company vehicles and hand tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweeps, mops and waxes floors as required, empties waste containers, washes windows, dusts, washes and waxes furniture, washes and sanitizes lavatory facilities, cleans and washes walls, ceilings, light fixtures, etc., refills towel and tissue dispensers in the offices and plant.
- Removes, cleans and installs filters, cleans catch basins, machines, stacks, etc.
- Performs carpentry; prepares surfaces for painting and paints equipment, machines, buildings and facilities as directed; uses brushes, rollers, sprayers, etc. and works from ladders or scaffolds as required. Glazes windows, caulks and weather strips, repairs or replaces roofs, drains, gutters, building hardware and performs such similar duties as required in the maintenance of the plant and other company buildings.
- Performs masonry duties as required on building and facilities.
- Lubricates the machinery and equipment in the plant and other buildings as instructed; uses proper lubricants as specified in service manuals, maintains strainers and proper flow and level of oil in compressed air lines, and applies belt dressing as required.
- Assist Maintenance Department skilled craftsmen in the installation, repair, servicing and adjustment of machines, tools, facilities and equipment.
- Operates electrical and motorized equipment.
- Restores normal work-place at completion of repairs or service.
- Reports any machines or equipment requiring repairs or adjustment to the Supervisor.
- Performs other duties related to the job as directed by the Supervisor.
- Operating power equipment and company vehicles.
- Proficient with the lubrication of mechanical equipment.
- Requires up to two weeks to become familiar with job duties.
- Hand tools: mop, grease gun, shovel, paint brush, etc.
- Electrical and motorized equipment.
Occasionally need the following abilities:
- To work at heights of up to 40’ from ladder, scaffolding or man lift.
- Lifting up to 75 lbs. with assistance if needed.
- Climbing on, over and around equipment.
- To work in tight or confined spaces.
- To manipulate heavy loads within confines of equipment space.
- To climb stairs, ladders, walk and stand on concrete floors.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling and lying down to facilitate repairs.
Details: Full time. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts. Sunday through Saturday. $13.55/hour (starting wage).
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid Driver’s License.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2