Job Title: Part-Time Cashier - OMJST
Worksite Location: North Canton, Ohio
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Walmart using the following information:
Apply online at:
Text “Jobs” to 240240
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintains area of responsibility in accordance with company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, zoning the area, arranging and organizing merchandise/supplies, identifying shrink and damages, and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Provides customer service by acknowledging the customer, identifying customer needs, assisting with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, resolving customer issues and concerns, and promoting products and services, while maintaining a safe shopping environment.
- Operates equipment, such as cash registers and related tools, to process customer purchases using appropriate procedures for different payment types and items sold.
- Processes customer transactions, operates register equipment, meets front-end performance goals, bags items for customer, and places items in customer cart while following all shrink and safety procedures.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Competencies An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
- Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Execution and Results: Get Results - Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
Physical Activities The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 15 pounds without assistance.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Visually verifies and reads information, often in small print.
Details: Part-Time. 1st and 2nd shifts available. $11.00/hour.
Qualifications: Must be at least 16 years of age to apply. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Available Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Educational Assistance, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check
OMJ Staff Contact: RC5