Job Title: Sterile Processing Technician - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, OH 44710
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Aultman Hospital using the following information:
Apply online at: www.aultman.org
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Aultman Hospital in Canton, OH, has full-time Sterile Processing Technician openings.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To perform procedures in the decontamination, preparations, disinfection and sterilization of instrumentation, supplies, and equipment, carts and code carts for use in all patient care areas of Aultman Hospital.
- Experience: preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be detail-orientated to products and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Work effectively with coworkers.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Reliable and accountable.
- Basic computer skills.
- Desire to continue education in the field of Sterile Processing.
- Critical thinking skills and prioritization of workflow.
- Maintain good attendance according to Aultman policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Understands and follows all procedures for decontaminating instruments and equipment.
- Follows and understands the universal precautions of the Decontam area. (Must wear proper PPE for the area -- heavy duty gloves, gown, and face shield. Clean all spills promptly. Follows procedures for the proper pick-up and handling of contaminated instruments/equipment. Understands and performs the workflow of Decontam area. Understands and follows the OEM recommended instructions for cleaning of all instruments and equipment.)
- Handles/disposes of infectious waste according to procedure.
- Follow manufacturer instructions for disinfecting and checking equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable of preparation area guidelines and standards and implements those practices. (Understands and performs proper loading of sterilizer racks. Demonstrate knowledge of process challenge devices -- i.e.: BI's Indicators and other testing. Demonstrate knowledge of sterilizer documentation. Following proper procedures for assembling instruments. Demonstrates proper way for wrapping instrument trays.)
- Completes assignments and requests as directed according to established policies and procedures. (Responds to customer service request with in five minutes. Follows hand washing policy and procedure. Follows procedures in handling processed supplies, instruments and equipment. Follows established policy on universal precaution according to OSHA regulations/guidelines. Consistently performs cleaning assignments.)
- Sterile Processing has 24/7 coverage.
- Shifts are variable to volume of department. Rotation as needed.
- Work weekends and holidays as assigned. Every other weekend and two holidays a year, in a group rotation.
- Cross training to all areas in the department is required.
- Blood and body fluid exposure.
Details: Full time. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Split, Rotating Shifts. Sunday through Saturday. $15.15/hour (shift differential for afternoons, midnights and weekends).
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Available Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Child Care, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Drug Testing, Nicotine Testing, Physical Examination, Reference Check.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2