Job Title: Full-Time Customer Host - OMJST
Worksite Location: North Canton, Ohio
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Walmart using the following information:
Apply online at:
Text “Jobs” to 240240
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Serves as a potential deterrent to criminal activity by maintaining a highly visible presence at entrance; observing customer and associate behavior; deactivating security tags; checking receipts on large un-bagged high value items; resolving alarm activations; and thanking customers as they exit the facility.
- Maintains area of responsibility in accordance with Company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns; arranging and organizing merchandise/supplies; identifying shrink and damages; and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Monitors activities and store standards within the store that relate to safety, and basic customer traffic flow by maintaining safety standards to ensure a safe and clean environment; and responding to assistance requests from customers and associates.
- Assists with securing and safeguarding the assets of the Facility and property by observing and communicating suspicious activity; assisting with investigations; maintaining paperwork, logs, and other required documentation; appropriately executing emergency response procedures'; and ensuring security and safety practices are in place and adhered to.
- Provides customer service at facility exits by maintaining the overall appearance of the exit area; straightening merchandise in the area; placing carts in storage area; distributing approved marketing or promotional materials; staying up-to-date on appropriate responses to emergency codes.
- Identifies possible shrink activities and associated risks by proactively monitoring the front-end store area.
- Uses personal judgment to make informed and effective decisions regarding the appropriate course of action to take when encountering situations where illegal activity or behavior may be present.
- Influences the behavior of others by using respectful communication and resolving conflict in an assertive yet tactful manner.
- Uses personal persuasion to effectively handle tense situations or interactions with others.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
- Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Execution and Results: Get Results - Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
Physical Activities Job Description physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Visually verifies and reads information, often in small print.
- Stands for long periods of time.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Moves over slippery surfaces in the work area as well as other areas that may become slippery during inclement weather.
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Works overnight as required.
- Works varying shifts as required.
- Meets applicable state requirements to work in Asset Protection, such as, minimum age, specialized training, certification and/ or licensing.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Passes an enhanced criminal background check.
- 1 year of experience in Security, Military, Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice.
- Degree in (or in pursuit of) Criminal Justice or other applicable field.
Details: Full-Time. 1st and 2nd shifts available. $11.00/hour.
Available Benefits: Dental Insurance, Vacation, Educational Assistance, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check and Drug Test
OMJ Staff Contact: RC5