Job Title: Welder I - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, Ohio 44706
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Ohio Gratings:
Apply online at: www.ohiogratings.com
Also upload your current resume directly to the company
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Assemble and weld grating with the proper materials to the correct dimensions, tolerances, and/or other specifications as defined on the job traveler.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Review job travelers and identify what material and spacing is needed to perform the requirements of the traveler
- Follow all work instructions, operating procedures, and safety requirements
- Sets up work cell as needed to weld parts to specifications on the job traveler
- Performs routine banding, deburr, and tread jobs as assigned by supervision
- Assist fabrication by welding pre-fabricated parts as directed and per job specifications
- Produce quality and quantities within acceptable standards
- Grinds panel and places finished pieces in proper location
- Responsible for reading, understanding and accurately executing the instructions on the job traveler and procedures
- Accurately complete all paperwork and time sheets to properly manage inventory and job cost
- Keep personal and common work areas clean and organized
- Perform other duties and cross-train as assigned by supervision
Wage: $14.00 p/hr.
Details: Full-Time / Monday-Friday / 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shifts
Education, Work Experience and Proficiencies: High School Diploma or Equivalent; MIG Welding; Oxy/Fuel torch; Welding 101; Certified D1.1. and D1.5; read, comprehend and interpret drawings; ability to conduct visual weld inspections to identify faulty welds.
Preferred: Completed a Certified Welder Training Program/Course or an equivalent of 1 year of on the job training; Manufacturing experience with carbon steel, stainless steel, or aluminum, Plasma torch experience, Oxy fuel torch; Weld symbol experience; Forklifts and electric pallet jacks experience; Use and operate safely overhead and jib cranes.
Language and Mathematical Skills: Must be able to read and understand both metric and standard tape measures; Must be able to read and interpret documents such as travelers and various procedures and instructions; Able to perform mathematical operations with whole numbers and fractions with both standard and metric units of measurements; Able to effectively work well with the team; Possess both written and verbal communication skills; Demonstrate aptitude for attention to detail.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is encountered with repetitive movement tasks, which requires the employee to stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, grasp, push and pull grating material of various size and weights for long periods of time. Must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds, using proper lifting techniques, help from another employee or other available resources such as lifting or moving equipment.
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the essential duties of this job the employee is regularly working on the production floor. The work environment requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis. Exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards.
Available Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Educational Assistance, 401K
Pre-employment Testing: Criminal Background Check and Drug Testing
OMJ Staff Contact: RC6