The Ohio State University at Lima is hiring a Coordinator of Recreational Sports to provide leadership to Ohio State Lima and Rhodes State College with respect to intramurals. This position will be responsible for performing all administrative tasks associated with campus-wide athletics programs, officials, announcers, as well as overseeing gymnasium and athletic facilities operations. This position will assist in the Perry Webb Student Life Building’s fitness center, including (but not limited to): advising patrons on fitness equipment; create exercise routines as appropriate; advise on fitness trends and provide recommendations on how to best serve our patrons; initiates and institutes inclusive recreational programming for all students. Additionally, this position will be responsible for teaching Kinesiology/Fitness courses, as appropriate, for The Ohio State University at Lima during Autumn and Spring semesters.
The Ohio State University at Lima’s highest priorities emphasize service to students and creating a community of inclusiveness and excellence. The Ohio State University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender identity or expression, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other bases under the law.
- Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires the successful completion of a background check
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with fitness equipment and/or management
Appropriate certifications as needed for training purposes
- Previous intramural and administrative experience in an athletic environment
- Strong recruiting and retention activities record
- thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Experience with eSports
Both current Ohio State employees and the general public may apply for this unclassified professional position.
Application deadline is October 20, 2019.