As a partner in building brighter futures for youth and their families, your role will be to provide clinical support that aligns with The Village Network’s Mission, Vision & Values.
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Provide behavioral health services. This includes assessing a client’s therapeutic needs/strengths and establishing a therapeutic relationship while utilizing interventions that will enhance his overall functioning.
- Ability to meet agency standards and productivity by completing appropriate documentation and paperwork including, but not limited to assessments, progress notes, reports and Individual Service Plans.
- Serve as a contact point for families, agencies, and court, engaging in correspondence and communicating information within the confines of The Village Network’s confidentiality policies and procedures relative to clients’ performances.
- Attend staff meetings, court hearings, etc. based on needs of clients.
- Clinical lead for cases by designing, writing, and coordinating individual treatment plans for each client. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reading/analyzing materials and reports from outside organizations, discussing with staff the progress of the client, revision of plans in order to ensure the best possible care, monitoring compliance with the plans, participate in team meetings, and attending group meetings to discuss treatment.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations/families.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a computer; proficiency in Word and Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Bachelors or Masters’ Degree in Social Work, Counseling; independent licensure preferred; two years previous experience preferred.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintains a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable with the insurance company providing The Village Network with vehicle insurance. Willingness to travel for various reasons, mainly during the day but occasionally overnight. Ability to visit clients’ homes (may or may not be handicapped accessible).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong teamwork and organization/time management skills.
- Ability to comply with The Village Network requirements for using restraints including sufficient strength and completion of extensive training.
- Ability to handle bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, reaching, and walking for periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds independently.
- Must be able to remain alert to problems, needs or emergencies that might arise on any shift, maintaining a safe environment for the clients.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all levels or personnel, internal and external to the company.
- Day shift
- 8am-5pm (Flexible)