TITLE: Income Maintenance Caseworker 2
CLASSIFICATION: Eligibility/Referral Specialist 2
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
PAY RATE: $17.04/hr.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Interviews clients and processes cases to determine initial eligibility for assistance programs, Medical and Food Stamps in Agency/clients home.
- Maintains records.
- Processes interactive interviews with client to re-determine ongoing eligibility for assistance programs, related Medical programs, and Public Assistance Food Stamps.
- Responsible for assistance program, related medical programs and Food Stamps caseload, telephone calls and client interviews (both in the agency and in the client home).
- Refers clients to other agency units when appropriate.
- Completes all forms necessary for maintaining assistance programs, related medical and Food Stamp cases.
- Completes necessary paperwork for computer matches, desk review, etc.
- Computes over payment/over-issuance and completes forms.
- Accesses online manuals for current rules and regulations.
- Prepares cases for County Conferences/State Hearings, and acts as agency representative.
- Attends meetings, conferences, training sessions, etc. as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. special assignments for supervisor, completes daily planner, filing, etc.).
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred (business management, business administration, human services, social services, etc.).
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.