Autovalve, in Dayton, Ohio is adding an Engineering Manager to their growing team.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the overall function of the day to day operations and achievement of AVI strategic targets primarily in the engineering area which include managing the engineering activities within the organization, implementing and maintain engineering objectives and initiatives, managing the creation and improvement of products that involve the engineering department. Leads and direct the work of others within the engineering department.
Essential Job Functions include:
1. Communicates regularly with the CEO, General Manager, Quality Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Controller regarding objectives, issues, and open projects.
2. Trains and coaches’ employees on equipment, software, standards and best practices regarding product design and support.
3. Communicates with employees regarding product development and maintenance activities.
4. Communicates regularly with customers in support of product development or improvement projects.
1. 5 or more years in a lead mechanical engineering role requiring supervisory or leadership activity.
2. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
3. Preferred background in dealing with aerospace requirements (industry experience).
4. Preferred background with fluid systems.
5. Excellent communication skills and mastery of quality science in order to capably interact with all customer engineering, quality, and purchasing contacts; within the organization (AVI), and with its suppliers.