Job Title: Seasonal Merchandiser - OMJST
Worksite Location: Akron, OH 44306
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Coca-Cola Consolidated Inc. using the following information:
Apply online at: www.cokeconsolidated.com/careers
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Coca-Cola Consolidated Inc., located at 1560 Triplett Blvd. in Akron, OH, has Seasonal Merchandiser openings. Note: This is a seasonal position lasting 90 to 120 days from date of hire. Position could lead to full-time permanent employment at the end of the seasonal period.
What does Product Merchandising mean exactly? It means presenting all Coca-Cola products in a way that will attract the attention of consumers at our customer retail locations.
How will you do this? Bring to life our displays by turning all product labels to face the consumer and filling the store shelves with a variety of our refreshing products. Work independently and outside the confines of 4 walls.
What would success look like?
- It’s all in the presentation. Be a brand ambassador! Make sure those product logos meet the eye of every consumer. We call it “The Look of Success.”
- Travel to retail stores and customer accounts daily. Store to store mileage reimbursement included.
- Good customer service? Priceless. Foster those important relationships with all retail store personnel.
- Flex your muscles and tie your shoes. We work fast and lift up to 50 lbs. of product repetitively.
- Effective customer service and communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Follow appropriate food handling, safety and sanitation standards.
- Share in our purpose – to serve others, to pursue excellence and to grow profitably.
- Valid driver’s license for your state of residency (Motor Vehicle Report will be reviewed).
- Personal vehicle available to use for work.
- Proof of insurance policy to verify current coverage of liability and property damage at no less than $100,000 per person/$300,000 per occurrence/$50,000 property damage and $500 or less deductible effective from first day of employment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. of product repetitively.
- Previous customer service experience
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and be able perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis.
- Past job performance must reflect dependability, initiative, professional demeanor and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to lift approximately up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stand, lift and perform physical labor for multiple hours at a time.
- Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air conditioned.
- Ability to operate a computer, a hand-held inventory control device and calculators.
All candidates will be subject to pre-employment testing: Background Check, Drug Screen and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable).
Details: Full time (seasonal - could lead to permanent employment). 1st, 2nd, Rotating Shifts. 40 to 50 hours/week. Sunday through Saturday. $14.04/hour.
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2