Job Title: Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Order Builder) - OMJST
Worksite Location: Akron, OH 44306
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Coca-Cola Consolidated Inc. using the following information:
Apply online at: www.cokeconsolidated.com/careers
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Coca-Cola Consolidated Inc., located at 1560 Triplett Blvd. in Akron, OH, has Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Order Builder) openings. Note: This is a seasonal position lasting 90 to 120 days from date of hire. Position could lead to full-time permanent employment at the end of the seasonal period.
What does a Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Order Builder) do exactly? They operate select material handling equipment (pallet jacks, forklifts) within the warehouse walls to move and shift products and build customer orders. All customer orders are loaded onto our delivery trucks to be delivered in-store. Our Warehouse Associates (Order Builders) are a key component in providing excellent service to our customers and in getting our variety of products in the hands of our consumers.
What would success look like?
- Safety comes first. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments which means striving for 100% adherence to the rules.
- Quality product is our priority. Keep an eye on product age and repackaging.
- So fresh and so clean, clean! Assist with daily housekeeping and maintenance of the warehouse and other material handling equipment.
- Ensure paperwork is completed appropriately and handled accurately.
- We work fast and lift up to 50 lbs. of product safely and repetitively.
- All hands on deck! You can expect to perform miscellaneous activities as directed by your manager to efficiently support the warehouse operation.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Accurately build orders on a repetitive basis.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Follow appropriate food handling, safety and sanitation standards.
- Share in our purpose – to serve others, to pursue excellence and to grow profitably.
- Ability to operate a computer, a hand-held inventory control device and calculators.
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand English and to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Willingness to operate warehouse material handling equipment (i.e. forklifts, walk behind / riding pallet jacks).
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while meeting productivity and quality expectations.
- Proven history or ability to demonstrate safe and responsible behavior with a positive performance record (including attendance).
- Must be self-motivated, respectful, positive, team oriented and maintain a high degree of integrity.
All candidates will be subject to pre-employment testing: Background Check, Drug Screen and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable).
Details: Full time (seasonal - could lead to permanent employment). 2nd, Rotating Shifts. 40 to 60 hours/week. Sunday through Friday. $15.23/hour.
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2