Hospice RN Case Manager
At Generation Hospice, our mission is to provide progressive high-quality care through employees who are professionally competent, kind and compassionate, serving in a safe and hospitable environment.
Our program ensures that our patients will spend the final days of their journey in comfort and with dignity. If you are caring, compassionate, and have a true desire to help others, become a member of the Generation Hospice team.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Mileage Reimbursement
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager, the RN Case Manager provides intermittent skilled nursing services; communicates the patient’s progress with other disciplines and directs, supervises and instructs home health aide staff in the provision of personal care to the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the physician’s order, admits patients eligible for hospice services
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs/problems, identifies mutually agreed upon goals with patients and families, providing exceptional patient care including assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching and training activities as outlined in the patient IDG Plan of Care
- Develops and updates patient care plans on an ongoing basis that specifically addresses identified patient; nursing problems and goals, as changes occur and/or at recertification.
- Continually strives to improve nursing care by broadening knowledge through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences and participation in professional and related organizations and individual research reading
- Participates in and completes discharge planning process per agency policy and procedure
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) Ohio license.
- Ability to make sound professional clinical judgment in a field setting
- Proficient technology skills, experience with EMR preferred
- Ability to travel in a car on your own with proof of auto insurance during designated work hours and any on-call requirements to see patients