Job Title: Nursing Assistant
Pay Grade: $10.64 - $17.02
Reports to: Supervisor/Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
OSHA Exposure Level:
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs delegated duties to assist in the treatment and care of the patient in accordance to the established FMC policies, procedures and guidelines.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Licensure/Certification: CPR/When Seconds Count/HOPE STNA Preferred
Experience: Previous hospital experience preferred.
Job-related Skills: Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; ability to problem-solve
Organizational Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Mission and Service Values
- Empathy – Demonstrates a willingness to understand others’ perspectives, without labeling or judging; treats others with compassion and is personally engaged in providing patient and family-centered care.
- Integrity—Takes responsibility for own words and actions; has passion and courage to do the right thing; delivers on promises and commitments; is honest and achieves excellence in all things through ethical and legal behavior.
- Stewardship—Uses FMC resources wisely; respects the time and resources of patients, family and peers; shows pride in FMC and gives back to the Center and community with time, talent and /or money.
- Agility—Demonstrates courage to take initiative to find creative solutions; anticipates concerns and responds promptly; minimizes bureaucracy and explores opportunity for growth.
- Teamwork—Works collaboratively, not in silos; treats others with courtesy and respect; assumes good intent and welcomes differing viewpoints; creates a spirit of belonging and fellowship within FMC; embraces the FMC culture.
- Commitment and Engagement
- Quality—Demonstrates commitment to improve individual performance and contributes to team accomplishments and quality improvement initiatives.
- Safety—Creates and maintains a safe and clean work environment and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate individuals.
- Service—Recognizes and anticipates the needs of customers and strives to surpass customer expectations; utilizes AIDET, TeamSTEPPS and other tools to avoid and/or resolve concerns with the best possible outcome.
- Sustainability—Demonstrates timely, accurate and cost-conscious use of resources in the daily work.
- Personal Engagement
- Organization Commitment—Complies with FMC policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines; reports compliance or ethical concerns to appropriate personnel; does not gossip but works to create a positive work experience with others.
- Personal Commitment—Demonstrates ownership of the job; willing to step up and help others; works across departmental lines; is fully present at work—physically and emotionally; maximizes own talents and that of others.
- Personal Growth—Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning; completes all mandatory education and participates in learning events/opportunities/experiences to enhance on-the-job performance.
Essential Job Functions
Job Expectations and Responsibilities (under the direction of the registered nurse):
- Provides personal care which includes bathing, feeding, skin and mouth care, and changing bed linens as needed.
- Responds to call lights promptly, makes frequent rounds and attempts to meet patient needs.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, weight and height.
- Empties patient drainage containers and maintains accurate intake and output records.
- Collects specimens and delivers them to the requested area.
- Transports patients in a safe manner following policy and procedures.
- Assists with pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care which includes positioning, lifting, turning, etc.
- Reports changes observed in condition or behavior of patient.
- Assists with treatment procedures.
- Assists in maintaining supplies and reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Performs point of care testing following policy and procedure.
- other duties as assigned.
Physical Capacity Demand
Medium Work: Exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10-25 pounds of force
frequently, and/or a negligible up to 10 pounds amount of force often.
Psychological/Mental – analytical abilities, memory, problem-solving and creativity
Physiological- Potential Exposures: Electrical equipment
Cognitive-Communication and collaboration with other co-workers, physicians, other employees, and patients and families; prioritizing and time management; persuasiveness and judgment
Environmental-no special considerations
Protective Equipment- no special considerations
Origination Date: ____________ Created by: _____________________
Review/Revision Date: Reviewed/Revised by: _____________
I have read and understand that the qualifications, responsibilities and essential functions listed above are required of this position, which I am capable of performing.
Accepted by: _______________________________________________ Date: _____________________