Job Title: Production Supervisor (Canton) - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, Ohio 44705
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Fresh Mark:
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: 330-430-5680
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
For nearly a century, Fresh Mark has been a leading supplier of smoked and processed meats to the retail and food service industries. Our commitment to quality and safety has enabled us to grow from a regional provider to a nationwide supplier of bacon, ham, hot dogs, deli and luncheon meats, dry sausage and other specialty meat items. Fresh Mark’s customers include major grocery chains, well-known restaurants and food service operators throughout the country. Many of our products are also distributed and enjoyed internationally. For years, our growing base of loyal customers has come to rely on the quality, safety and consistency of Fresh Mark’s Sugardale® and Superior’s Brand® Meats products.
The Fresh Mark facility in Canton, Ohio is currently accepting resumes for ten production supervisor positions.
The essential function of the Production Supervisor is to provide leadership and direction to hourly personnel engaged in the manufacturing and processing of world class food products. Upon completion of an orientation and on the job period, the position will supervise production lines associated with food product processing and packaging in compliance with good food manufacturing practices, quality assurance, safety, and employee relations. This position is salary exempt plus weekend pay.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and ensure the safety of all employees through training, enforcement of safety rules and compliance with all Fresh Mark, Inc. policies and procedures
- Maintain a sound working relationship with bargaining unit employees
- Drive departmental efficiencies and maximize productivity
- Monitor and control inventory levels and yields
- Ensure effective communications
- Control labor costs in regard to staffing and overtime
- Monitor machinery to maintain quality and minimize downtime
- Monitor product quality and flow to meet customer demands and requirements
- Promote and maintain teamwork among employees
- Combination of 2-4 years of education, training and/or work experience related to business management, food production, manufacturing processes or related field
- Availability to work OT/weekends as necessary
- Ability to work first or second shift; supervisors are expected to report one hour prior to their shift for start-up duties and be available to stay after the end of the shift to complete any necessary reports and/or paperwork
- Ability to adapt and quickly learn new processes
- Ability to troubleshoot solutions
- Ability to foster a positive working environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform line work in training and provide leadership to hourly personnel
- Desire to promote a safe and healthy work atmosphere
- Ability to think critically and influence business outcomes
- Ability to model good time management and record keeping skills
- Ability to work in a refrigerated manufacturing environment
Benefits: Fresh Mark offers a full array of benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance with low premium and deductible costs, vision care, life insurance, retirement savings plan with company match, and educational assistance.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must have Valid Driver’s License
Pre-employment Testing: Criminal Background Check and Drug Testing
OMJ Staff Contact: RC6