Project Support Technician, Senior
PER FPB policy FPB-HR-PRO-0001: Internal employees must be in current position for one (1) year or greater to be eligible to apply.
Under direct supervision, performs Project Support job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in ensuring that all site Project Support are conducted in a manner that is safe, cost effective and fully compliant with FBP procedures and all contractual, statutory, and regulatory requirements. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Assigned job duties may support specific Project Support projects, processes, administrative, business services or related areas
- Maintains data in various data capture systems
- Generates reports, data files and preparation of documents
- Performs assigned tasks according to detailed instructions and established policies and procedures
- May contribute to work assignments of lesser experienced team members
- Provides administrative and/or functional support to the Project Support team
- Perform duties general/routine to moderately complex in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazards, legacy facility condition hazards, electrical hazards, environmental hazards, industrial hazards, and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.Training associated with job-specific and general site hazards may be (is) required.Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching, climbing stairs, operating a motor vehicle, and noise from operating equipment.Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.Ability to wear PPE, including safety glasses, safety shoes, and a hard hat.
In some cases radiological training may be required.The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Pre-Employment Physical (office or field work)/drug screen
- The ability to obtain/maintain "L" or "Q" Clearance one year from hire date
- Background Check
- Any site required training
Prospective employees must be available to start work with Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth LLC within a reasonable time frame after acceptance of FBP’s offer of employment (typically 30 days or less).Applicants for employment can initiate a request for accommodation, or obtain information concerning accommodations if contacted by the Company for an Interview.
Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth LLC is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
Basic interpersonal and communication skills
Knowledge of and experience with nuclear facility Project Support
Knowledge of and experience with DOE nuclear facility safety including technical safety requirements, processes and reporting requirements
Attention to detail
Basic PC skills including Microsoft software
DOE “L” or “Q” clearance or ability to obtain a DOE “L” or “Q” clearance
High School diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 5 - 8 years.
To apply: https://fluorbwcareers.silkroad.com/