Review quotes of various complexity levels to establish appropriate pricing strategy. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions to improve revenue and margin. They will understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
1. Work with Replacement Parts Analysts and Sales to review quotes and determine the pricing scheme for these project and or quotes.
2. Prepare financial approval forms for quotes as required by policy.
3. Responsible for importing, cleansing, transforming, validating, aggregating and analyzing data from various sources to make, or aid in making, assessments or conclusions about customers / industry trends, leading indicators, pricing, margin performance, product line performance, and market / customer opportunities to improve business decisions that will improve revenue and margin.
4. Responsibilities include Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets, analyzing results using statistical techniques, and management communication by creating presentations, graphics and reports.
5. They may also be responsible for some amount of filtering and "cleaning" data by reviewing computer reports / database records to locate and correct record or data structure problems.
6. Additional responsibilities may include developing and implementing databases, define new process improvement opportunities in business system usage for improved data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
7. Works with management to prioritize and balance the needs of the business, information, and analytic workload and capabilities.
8. Manage assigned analytic projects from start to finish and meet all timelines, budgets, and objectives.
9. Create summary reports to support the decision making of senior management and provide analytics for strategic planning and business development efforts
10. Gather data from multiple sources (internal and external) and assimilate into meaningful inputs for databases and analysis. This may include building and managing/maintaining database to house data collected from various sources.
11. And all other duties as assigned.
Preferred work experience: Data analysis of large data sets to discover trends and annomolies. Pricing administration, price determination, market based price analysis. Customer Service / inside sales / purchasing / related experience with product or service fulfilment.
Competencies in MS Office products, MS Power Query, Power BI, SQL, Visibilty, Oracle. Interpersonal communication skills with manament and others within and out side the department. Critical thinking skills. Able to combine input from various sources. Able to prioritize tasks per evolving business and departmental goals
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity