Job Summary: Reporting to the designated manager, assist with the outside operations and functions of one or more of the following departments: Dealer Consignment, Factory, Fleet/Lease, Commercial Accounts in accordance with corporate guidelines to ensure maximum dollar sales volume in the most profitable way possible. Perform all duties assigned by the designated manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
- Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform duties in compliance with all contractual customer agreements.
- Working with an IPhone App, use AuctionTrac to scan inventory and record the movement of vehicles.
- Assist in assuring the inventory is in the proper designated areas of the lot at all times.
- Help with a physical inventory on a periodic basis.
- Working from assigned list, locate, number and place vehicles not needing shop work on spot.
- Flag vehicles, add final stickers, mark numbers on windshield and place on spot for the sale.
- Determine or confirm mileage of vehicle for inside administrators. Perform physical verification of year, miles and VIN number of each vehicle before the sale.
- If required, communicate with Shop and Operational Personnel to ensure an efficient flow of inventory from check in, to inspections, to inventory, to shops, to sale line until vehicle is checked out.
- If shop work required, place initial stickers on vehicles for designated shops. Move vehicles requiring services from Mechanical Services Shop, Body Shop or Detail Shop to the proper staging areas at the required time. Assist in verifying units that need shop services are completed and are transported to their respective shops.
- May take pictures of inoperable vehicles for the sale as needed (per customer request).
- May Track missing units and assist transporters in locating vehicles.
- May be responsible to locate redemption units upon request (becomes priority) and assist administrative staff to enable the vehicle to be released to the customer.
- May Work on a PC and use AMS (Auction Management System) to look up information regarding designated vehicles.
- May Work on a PC and VTrace to enter repair orders into the system.
- Dealer Consignment Department: Using basic diagnostic skills, determine if a no start vehicle should be moved to the Mechanic Shop
- Dealer Consignment Department: Using a hand-held device, may be responsible to create Live Block Listings
- Sale Day: May be Responsible for operating gas dollies, lock out tools, or jump pack.
- Sale Day: Assist with coordination of the sale line to ensure the line runs smoothly
- Any other duties assigned by the designated manager.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activity requirements of the position are from Medium to Heavy Physical Work.
- Constant standing, watching, touching and fingering, listening
- Frequent walking, talking, reaching, feeling, grasping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting
- Occasional climbing, balancing, crawling
- Potential running, jumping, yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical current, moving mechanical parts, exposure to hot equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbents in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instruction or duties requested by an authorized person. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees commence on the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Benefits include:
- 3 Medical Plan Options, 2 Dental Plan Options and 2 Vision Plan Options
- Health Savings Account Portable account used to pay for medical expenses and funded with Pre-tax Deductions and Annual Employer Contributions ($750 Individual Coverage/ $1500 for Family Coverage)
- 401K Plan with 100% Employer Match on first 4% Employee Contribution
- The following Benefits are 100% Employer Paid: 2x Salary Life Insurance, 65% Salary Short Term Disability, 2/3x Salary Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Spending Account
- 6 Paid Holidays, 5 Paid Sick Days, 5 Personal Days, and 10 Days of Vacation (prorated based on hire date).
- Voluntary Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Identity Theft)
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity