The Lima Public Library is seeking a part-time Accounting Assistant to join our team. This is a newly created position that will report directly to the Chief Fiscal Officer. The Accounting Assistant will assist in a variety of duties needed in the day to day operation of the Fiscal Office.
- Associate degree in business or accounting, or 2 to 3 years of experience in accounting, preferable in governmental accounting. Applicants enrolled in an accounting or business major will be considered.
- Responsible for the daily cash and credit card receipts.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, payroll and payroll software.
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office, Excel & Word – Accounting Software, applicants with UAN experience (Uniform Accounting Network) preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Eligible to be bonded upon acceptance of the position.
- Background check required.
- Job related references required.
- Dependable, honest, organized, able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Hourly rate commensurate with education and experience.
16 hours per week, more hours possible on an as needed basis.
A flexible schedule is feasible.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com