**C2C is not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Title: Help Desk Analyst 3/HDA3
Start Date: 11/04/2019
End Date: 12/31/2019
Work Location: Columbus, OH 43215
Client is seeking a Senior Service Desk contractor to coordinate installation of hardware and software and perform PC refreshes and deployments. The primary role is to migrate computers to Windows 10.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinates installation of hardware and software, and implementation of procedure changes.
• Performs PC Packaging and deployment, Refresh [Packaging, Deploy, Inventory, Content Migration and User Orientation].
• Provides support with advance experience in Microsoft desktop operation systems and Office Automation tools [Office Professional, Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access, Project, Visio, Internet.
• Explorer, etc.].
• Acts as escalation point for solving, or assist in solving, non-routine or complex software, hardware, mobile devices and O/S, and procedure problems.
• Confers with staff, computer users, supervisors, and managers to determine requirements for new or modified software and hardware.
• Creates documentation on best practices for technical support as well as resolving commonly known technical issues.
• Writes technical recommendations for review.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Advanced technical background with at least five years of service desk and desktop support.
• At least two years of experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
• (SCCM) for PC deployments.
• At least two years of experience with Microsoft Operating Systems - Windows 10 required: software installations and troubleshooting.
• Demonstrated problem solving and attention to detail skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior customer service skills.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of five years of desktop experience.
• Experience configuring and managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for PC deployments.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)