An individual who is interest in becoming a family childcare staff member shall meet the following requirements prior for caring for children:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide HS verification or GED
- Provide medical statement on JFS mandated form signed by doctor
- Complete FBI & BCII background checks with no prohibited offenses
- Complete training and verification of CCSM ODJFS Orientation, first aid, CPR, child abuse recognition, communicable disease
- Provide safe and healthy environment when children are present becoming completely responsible for supervision, positive guidance, cooking and cleaning
- Ensure personal behavior presents high standards of character in reference to reliability, trustworthiness, and accountability when children are present and not present.