Staff Accountant Career Site Location OH, Cleveland
Req ID 9003
Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ is seeking a Staff Accountant for our RPS Finance group.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
* Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
* Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
* Prepare monthly account reconciliations
* Billing and/or cash application
* Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
* Assist with internal and external audits
* Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
* Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
* Other projects as assigned
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or related field
* Two years of functional accounting experience
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization
* Excellent customer service skills
* Proficient use of applicable technology (Microsoft Excel, Oracle and Concur)
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to meet assigned deadlines
* Ability to be successful and comfortable in a role with changing tasks and priorities
* Technologically savvy
CBIZ.Jobs Category: Benefits & Insurance
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
Employer's Job# 9003
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.